Hey. Hi. Hello! Happy Monday! I’m currently on my way back to cloudy New York from sunny Mexico, it was nice while it lasted! This is going to be a short post because frankly I don’t have the time or patience to be able to write a really detailed post. Plus, I’m 50% distracted because I’m trying to catch up on TV while writing this post…multi-tasking at it finest! Anyway, I thought we would discuss today what my travel essentianls are for my makeup routine.
Now, I always find I pack significantly less makeup when I go to a sunny/tropical place. I like to pretend it’s because I’m going to get tan and look healthy and glowing. However, it’s really because I usually get sunburnt and it hurts to put on makeup, and it’s also wicked humid so my makeup would sweat off in a heartbeat. Despite that, I still like to bring a little bit of makeup to make myself look 30% better for dinner. So, read on if you’re remotely interested in what I’ve packed for this trip.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer. It’s a moisturizer, it’s got sunscreen, and it’s got pretty good coverage to boot. I use this with my everyday makeup routine, but it’s especially great for tropical weather because it doesn’t make you feel greasy, but it still has enough coverage to hid the redness of a sunburn, and soothe it with moisturizer. Nice and light, 10/10 would recommend for sun.
- Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer. Before you get ideas into your head, no I’m not a huge drinker, but this primer I’m sure works just as well for tropical weather and sunburns as it would to hide your face during a hangover. It’s infused with coconut water and probiotics, which sound super good to help a sunburn. It’s also pretty moisturizing and is supposed to leave your skin looking natural and dewey, which is good when your skin is literally sucking moisutre from the inside out. WEAR SUNSCREEN KIDS SUNBURNS ARE THE WORST.
- Too Faced Chocolate Gold Soleil Bronzer. I’ll be honest, I haven’t actually used this product yet because I’ve broken three different ones that I’ve purchased, so hopefully 4th time won’t break. This product clearly doesn’t travel well, so it’s a bold move to try and bring it on a plane again, but I’m doing it. I’m hoping this will give me a nice bronze, sun-kissed look to 1. deepen up my pale face, and 2. HIDE A SUNBURN. Listen, I burn so easily there’s nothing I can do about that.
- Too Faced Pink Leopard Blushing Bronzer. This is my all-time favorite product to travel with. It’s a blush and bronzer wrapped into one, and it looks so nice on the skin. It’s not like an obnoxious blush and bronzer combination, in fact it looks super natural and glowy, and accentuates a tan (and hides a burn) so well. 15/10.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara. I typically dont’ wear eye makeup when I’m on vacation because I can’t be bothered to put that level of commitment into a makeup look I’m only going to wear for like 2 hours. So, I tend to bring along a mascara that’s going to take my eyelashes to Mars aka emphasize my eyes while also hiding the fact that I put in minimal effort for my makeup. It’s super dark, very volumizing, and lengthens too. It’s a triple threat.
- Colourpop Lip Gloss. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. For the longest time I was a die-hard Ultra Matte lip stan. I wouldn’t go anywhere without a liquid lipstick, and didn’t care how crusty it made my lips. However, 2018 rolled around and I dived headfirst into the super glossy lip revival from the 2000’s. I love this product because they all have incredible pigmentation, great staying power, and they look incredible, too. Yes, they do fade with like normal activities of eating and drinking, but it’s a gradual fading and not all at once. They all also have a pretty good level of sparkle that look great and help to make you look like you’re more put together than you actually are.
SO, those are the 6 products that made it into my travel bag. Plus an eyebrow pencil but I think that’s autmoatically a given, because we need a good eyebrow to look human. If you’ve tried any of these products before, or have any necessities that you’re stocking in your travel bags let me know! Until next time, xoxo.